Greensboro AHEC serves practicing pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, medical students, medical residents, advance practice practitioners, and physicians. Our program is for students interested in focusing their careers in the clinical practice setting, whether inpatient or outpatient.
- Provides pharmacy-related continuing education (CE) activities through multidisciplinary conferences, “Graduate Forum” presentations by Cone Health pharmacy residents, student research presentations, annual preceptor update dinner, and end of the year update
- Advances pharmacy practice by providing clinical pharmacy services (drug therapy management and direct patient care consultation) in the Cone Health Family Medicine Clinic, and Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic with concurrent research performed
Research projects include educational effectiveness, therapeutic effectiveness, and clinical interventions. Research is submitted for publication in major medical and pharmacy journals. Over 100 research projects have been published through this office since 1979.
Greensboro AHEC Pharmacist faculty have Clinical Education appointments with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Pharmacist faculty have Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) relationships in their practice sites and are credentialed providers at Cone Health. Pharmacist faculty hold board certification in pharmacotherapy through the Board of Pharmacy Specialties.
- The University of North Carolina educational system
- North Carolina Association of Pharmacists
- Physician and Pharmacy Practices in an eight-county region
For more information relevant to pharmacy in North Carolina, visit: