Student Services & Preceptors
The Teaching Provider Newsletter
For preceptors of medical, pharmacy, and nursing students in the Greensboro area
Become a Preceptor
Greensboro AHEC works closely with the following schools and programs:
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill, Nurse Practitioner Program, Pharm D Program
- Duke University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner Program
- Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- East Carolina University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner
Greensboro AHEC’s Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE) serves as a liaison between community practices and the health science schools. We support the preceptors and assist the students and schools by:
- ensuring community preceptors teach the students they want at convenient times.
- providing faculty development opportunities to community preceptors to help sharpen their skills as teachers and preceptors.
- facilitating the faculty appointment process.
- providing local health statistics and other resource information.
- providing students with housing and local community information.
- recruiting community practices as teaching sites.
- recruiting local primary care practitioners as preceptors.
Resources for Preceptors
Additional resources for preceptors are available through AHEConnect and the NC AHEC Digital Library: