Student Services & Preceptors
Greensboro Area Health Education Center works closely with the following schools and programs:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Nurse Practitioner Program, Pharm D Program
- Duke University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner Program
- Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- East Carolina University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner
Our staff serves as a liaison between community practices and the health science schools. We support the preceptors and assist the students and schools by:
- Ensuring community preceptors teach the students they want at convenient times
- Providing faculty development opportunities to community preceptors to help sharpen their skills as teacher and preceptor
- Facilitating the faculty appointment process
- Providing local health statistics and other resource information
- Providing students with housing and local community information
- Recruiting community practices as teaching sites
- Recruiting local primary care practitioners as preceptors
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor, or want more information, call us at (336) 832-8566 or contact us by e-mail with questions, comments, or suggestions.
Resources for Preceptors
Click on the 2016-17 Approved ORPCE Courses in the "Downloads" box below.
Additional resources for preceptors are available through the NC AHEC Digital Library.