Clinical Students & Preceptors
Greensboro Area Health Education Center works closely with the following schools and programs:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Nurse Practitioner Program, Pharm D Program
- Duke University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner Program
- Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- East Carolina University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Nurse Practitioner
Our staff serves as liaison between community practices and the health science schools. We support the preceptors and assist the students and schools by:
- Ensuring community preceptors teach the students they want at convenient times
- Providing faculty development opportunities to community preceptors to help sharpen their skills as teacher and preceptor
- Facilitating the faculty appointment process
- Providing local health statistics and other resource information
- Providing students with housing and local community information
- Recruiting community practices as teaching sites
- Recruiting local primary care practitioners as preceptors
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor, or want more information, call us at (336) 832-8566 or contact us by e-mail with questions, comments, or suggestions.
Resources for Preceptors
Click on the 2016-17 Approved ORPCE Courses in the "Downloads" box below.
You may be interested in the AHEC Digital Library website.